In 2013, I obtained an international accreditation in Web Accessibility at the University of South Australia. This course is endorsed by governments including Australia, Canada and the EU.
I am capable of conducting accessibility audits for various organisations and can guide creative and development teams to achieve compliance with international best practice in accessibility, the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
I am an accessibility advocate and aim to drive the adoption of accessibility compliancy into all web design, believing creativity has no limitation.
To spread the word, I also teach “An introduction to Web Accessibility” at General Assembly, Sydney.
- High Distinction in Certificate of Web Accessibility – University of South Australia
- General Assembly – Web Accessibility Instructor (Introduction to Web Accessibility)
- Sydney Theatre Company – Web Accessibility Practitioner (Deepend Sydney)
- Optus Zoo – Web Accessibility Practitioner (Singtel-Optus, Australia)
- Optus Cash App – Web Accessibility Practitioner/Designer (Singtel-Optus, Australia)
- Singtel Global Rebrand – Web Accessibility Practitioner (Singtel-Optus, Australia)
In 2014, I wrote and instructed a class called “An Introduction to Web Accessibility”. In this 3 hour class, students dove into the world of web accessibility, discovering the frustrations those who have a disability experience. I explained that accessibility doesn’t necessarily mean one needs to eliminate creativity altogether. I enabled students to get their heads around those dreaded WGAC2.0 guidelines and understand what they need to do to achieve compliancy in their website.